Please consider this opportunity with our growing online education initiative.
Campus Title: Online Education Program Coordinator
Unit: ESF Open Academy
Professional Rank and Salary: SL-3, Salary DOQ 50% FTE
Duration: Two years (with potential for extension)
The State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) seeks applications for the part-time position of Online Education Program Coordinator to support the launch and delivery of the College’s new and ongoing online education programs.
The Online Education Program Coordinator provides day-to-day hands-on coordination of, and support to Open Academy professional staff, online education program instructors, and students enrolled in online education programs and related courses. Efforts will vary somewhat between new and ongoing programs, and during the launch of a new program(s). The coordinator will adapt and/or develop and use action plans and other resources in order to effectively fulfill all critical success elements throughout a program lifecycle. This position will require organizational, interpersonal, communication (written and oral), and analytic skills.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Serve as a key point of contact and provide concierge-like support to online education program students (e.g. facilitate students’ connection with Admissions, Student Life, Registrar, Bursar, Financial aid, Computing, and other campus offices and resources).
- Provide students with program-specific advising to support inquiry/application, orientation/onboarding, continuation, and program completion.
- Manage online program web content and related information materials.
- Coordinate program-specific student outreach in concert with the undergraduate admissions and graduate school offices, including communication with students and other stakeholders by phone, email, webinar, and at on- and off-campus events.
- Coordinate scheduling of courses / course sections, and co-curricular webinars to support student advising and success.
- Assist in the collection and analysis of assessment and other program data, and the preparation of reports and presentations.
Note: ESF Open Academy operational needs require periodic evening and weekend work on and off campus, including out-of-town and overnight travel to off-campus locations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university.
- Computer skills, e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Contribute for web editing (or similar).
- Must possess and maintain a valid New York State driver’s license.
- Experience with online and/or adult learning programs as an instructor, advisor, and/or program/project coordinator in a college/university or other relevant context.
- Familiarity with a learning management systems (e.g., Blackboard) and webinar applications (e.g., Skype, Adobe Connect, Blackboard Collaborate Ultra).
ESF is committed to being a leader in the evolving and ever-competitive higher education landscape. In this spirit of ongoing improvement and innovation, the ESF Open Academy is an academic unit that encompasses the College’s summer semester, professional, and public education programs, as well as a renewed institutional commitment to online educational programming.
We are working to make online education programs an ever greater part of ESF’s educational offerings. To help achieve this goal, we have formally established the ESF Open Academy, as well as the ESF Teaching and Learning Collaboratory (TLC). The TLC is a teaching/learning center that encourages and supports innovative and effective teaching and learning. The TLC will directly support our faculty as they adapt and create new academic programs for online delivery in order to reach students we are not yet serving. Near-term priority will be on faculty and the courses that are part of the College’s online certificate and degree portfolio, along with programming and approaches that are broadly beneficial to all ESF faculty and graduate teaching assistants.
In accordance with the “Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act” institutions of higher education are required to prepare an annual report containing information on campus security policies and campus statistics. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by SUNY-ESF; and on property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies concerning sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a printed copy of this report by contacting SUNY-ESF University Police at 315-470-6667 or by accessing the following web site: http://www.esf.edu/univpolice/crimereports/
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
SUNY-ESF is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Application Deadline: Although the College will accept applications until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit their application by October 20, 2018 to ensure optimal consideration.
Application Procedure: Please provide cover letter, resume, and the names, phone numbers, and email addresses for at least three employment references, including a current or previous supervisor (we will not contact references without prior permission).