SUNY-ESF’s STEM Mentoring Initiative to Strengthen the Education Pipeline is accepting nominations and applications from ESF graduate students to participate in the Spring 2015 program. As a STEM Mentor, graduate students in the Science Corps serve as front-line role models for Syracuse City School District middle school students in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). Participating mentors bring STEM content, research expertise, and passion to in-school learning activities.
Please join us in congratulating the Fall 2014 Science Corps and their academic advisors:
- Funmi Alfelumo, Environmental and Forest Biology, Dr. Lee Newman, advisor.
- Adriana Beltrani, Environmental Science, Dr. Margaret Bryant, advisor.
- Sophie Finlayson-Schueler, Environmental Science, Dr. Margaret Bryant, advisor.
- Jacqueline Gerson, Syracuse University, Dr. Charles Driscoll, advisor.
- Chengyan Jing, Paper and Bioprocess Engineering, Dr. Biljana Bujanovic, advisor.
- Joshua Karchin, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Dr. Stewart Loh, advisor.
- Rebecca Meissner, Environmental Resource Engineering, Dr. Stephen Shaw, advisor.
- Sarah Mount, Environmental and Forest Biology, Dr. Karin Limburg, advisor.
- Amber Papillion, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Dr. Gary Winslow, advisor.
- Noah Pasqua-Godkin, Environmental Science, Dr. Klaus Doelle, advisor.
- Desmaris Tyler, Environmental and Forest Biology, Dr. William Powell, advisor.