ESF SCIENCE (Summer Camps Investigating Ecology in Neighborhood and City Environments) was established as an offshoot of our first NSF GK12 grant in 2003. With support from a Congressional Ear Mark grant administered through the U.S. EPA, we were able to “kick it up a notch” and develop SCIENCE into a highly regarded opportunity for Syracuse city students.
We are enthused that, again this summer, a full week will be devoted to students from New York City through a partnership with the Sponsors for Educational Opportunities (SEO) Scholars Program.
We have another great ESF Science Corps team this year:
- Jake O’Connell, Program Coordinator, ESF Outreach (ESF ’15 and former Science Corps member), Syracuse, NY.
- Tim Pede (Team Leader), Ph.D. student, Environmental Resource Engineering, Minoa, NY.
- Lauren Ness, Junior, Environmental Biology, Bay Shore, NY.
- Kim Oswald, Sophomore, Environmental Studies, Geneva, NY.
- Lawrence Vedilago, Senior, Environmental Studies, Massapequa, NY.
Chuck Spuches, ESF Outreach