One of the College’s cornerstone events is the Feinstone Environmental Awards Banquet. Established by 1915 ESF graduate, Sol Feinstone, this is one of the oldest and most-respected award programs in the environmental field. This year is especially noteworthy because four accomplished female scientists will be honored as recipients of the 2016 Feinstone Environmental Awards in four categories – private industry, non-governmental organizations, academia and government. You can learn more about attending the October 26th Banquet (to be held in the Gateway Center on the ESF campus), placing an ad, and about this year’s emcee and award recipients here.
- Diana K. Bendz ‘68 (Emcee), First woman graduate of ESF’s polymer
- Janine Benyus, The Biomimicry Institute & Biomimicry 3.8
- Nancy Barbour, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Anahita Williamson, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Robin Kimmerer, SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry